Get thee behind me

Get thee behind me
Capital Hill Classic, 2009

Roger Bannister, 1954:

"Before now it would have been impossible for me to attempt to write about running, but now I can see a pattern of striving -- of success and failure -- which I hope will grow clearer."



Roger Bannister, after breaking the four-minute mile.



Friday, October 28, 2011

Fall. Or Winter?

   It was cold on this morning's 11-mile run to daylight. Maybe 45 when I set off. I wasn't really as prepared as I should have been, because I didn't have my gloves. It was dark, too. Sun didn't rise until almost an hour after I set off. Luckily I did have a light with me, to alert passing cyclists not to run me down. I'm here to say: none did, although one came a bit too damn close.

   The weather forecast calls for snow tomorrow. Crazy. I like running in the snow, though. So I may be doing that. I'll let you know.

  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment